CHS cafeteria prepares final adjustments to menu

The CHS cafeteria has been preparing some changes in its menu for the transition from winter to spring.

“We are going to do some small last changes to the menu before summer vacation,” Anne Marie Woerner, manager of the main cafeteria, said. “We usually change the menu to match the seasonal changes. We tend to serve more hot foods and soup in the winter, but we haven’t done much soup because they tend to spill easily.”

Students such as sophomore Andrew Smith think that these changes to accommodate seasonal changes help the cafeteria gain more variety, but are unnecessary.

“To be honest, I think that any change to the menu is good because it gives something new to try,” Smith said. “I don’t really think that the changes are really needed though, since we’re in an air-conditioned building so the changes in season don’t really have much of an effect on (students).”

Nevertheless, Woerner also finds that these menu changes also provide an opportunity to experiment with new food.

“I think also that these changes allow us to experiment with some foods, and get some feedback from students before the school year ends,” Woerner said. “If the students like the food then we might keep it for next year. It’s all really a game of trial and error.” By Jerry Xu <[email protected]>