Freshman Class to elect class officers

A member of the Freshman Class examines a campaign poster for the class officer elections, scheduled to begin Aug. 18 and end Aug. 25. CHRIS LI / PHOTO

According to the Freshman Class sponsor Ann Mayhew, the week-long elections for the class officers started Aug. 18 and will end on Aug. 25.

“As of now, we don’t have any activities planned, since elections for the class officers have not concluded,” Mayhew said.

According to Mayhew, when the campaigns end and the final results roll in, the Freshman Class will be able to plan many of its activities for the upcoming year, many of which include the Homecoming 5k Race and Playhouse-building.

Freshman senator Edward Zhang says that every year there is a competition between classes, when it comes to the activities organized during Homecoming week. “The competition gives a chance for the freshmen to uphold their collective standing in the high school, and I will be one of the many trying to prove that freshmen have got the spunk and spirit to party with the upperclassmen,” Zhang said.

Mayhew says that in the past, the Freshman Class has planned various movie nights and magazine sales, and that similar events might be organized this year as well.