Student Venture’s S.A.L.T. members plan Spring Hill retreat

On Aug. 26, student leaders plan to leave for Spring Hill in order to host a retreat for Student Venture’s middle school members. According to Kathryn “Kate” Shanklin, Student Action Leadership Team (S.A.L.T.) member and senior, the student leaders will act as camp counselors and make sure the retreat runs smoothly. Members will return home in the afternoon on Aug. 28.

Shanklin said, “It’s going to be really similar to camp, with time for worship, group discussions and individual quiet time for students.”

According to sponsor Kim TenBrink, Student Venture always meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. in the Freshman Center Cafeteria. The club held its first meeting of the year on Aug. 16.

TenBrink said, “Students played a get to know you game, and we had students talk about what they did over the summer.”

Although Student Venture recently began its meetings for the 2011-2012 school year, students still met over the summer through Summer Venture. According to Shanklin, students from different schools in the Indianapolis area would meet at parks or at members’ houses.

“I’m most excited for our Bible studies this year,” Shanklin said. “Both the ones for the student leaders and the ones we direct.”