Sophomore Class officers organize Profits from Homecoming activities

Sophomore Class secretary Joseph Lee helps out with painting during Playhouse Building on Sept. 15. The Sophomore Class auctioned off its playhouse and donated all proceeds to Promising Futures of Central Indiana. DHRUTI PATEL / PHOTO

The Sophomore Class officers have begun to count and organize all of the money raised from the Homecoming 5K Walk/Run and Playhouse Building. According to sophomore class president Lauren Fogel, this money will go to the Sophomore Class charity, Promising Futures of Central Indiana, a non-for-profit charity supporting central Indiana families.

“Now that we’re done with Homecoming week activities, we’re in charge of counting up all the money raised and writing a letter to the charity we’re sponsoring that explains our donation,” Fogel said.

Sophomore Class sponsor Jennifer Williams said all of the Sophomore Class officers plan to meet within the next two weeks to discuss upcoming projects and events. For now, however, the officers are not involved in any major events that occur in September.

“All of the officers put a lot of effort into promoting Homecoming week activities, so right now there’s a bit of a break,” Williams said. “But I’m sure they will work hard for future events, whenever they occur.”

The next big event that the Sophomore Class officers will be a part of is this year’s equivalent of the Neon Dance, which was last year’s replacement for Winter Formal. According to Fogel, unlike last year, the Senate and class officers will be in charge of planning and running the event this year.

She said, “Last year it was still in its beginning stages, and (House) Cabinet did most of the work, but I think we’re going to take it in a new direction this year.”