CDC winter basketball registration extended

The Carmel Dads Club (CDC) winter basketball program registration has been extended. Registration was delayed due to middle school basketball tryouts taking place. Students who did not make the school teams are still able to try out for CDC winter basketball.  CDC winter basketball has separated the high school teams into exclusively freshmen and mixed sophomore, junior and senior teams, which allows freshmen to either choose to play with upperclassmen or their fellow peers.

Zach Duncan, freshman and CDC soccer player, said, “I think I know some kids who will be able to sign up for winter basketball now.”

Over 2300 participants are enrolled in the CDC winter basketball this year with about 40 high school winter basketball teams, and according to CDC president Jack Beery, it is a growing trend.  The enrollment has increased by about 30 to 40 players since last year. He said he attributes the growing popularity to the structure of the program.

“There are a lot of talented kids walking the halls at Carmel High School who don’t get to play on the high school team,” Beery said. “The high school kids really like the fact that it’s an organized league.”

Students who are interested in participating in the CDC winter basketball program can go to the CDC website for more information.