New SBP and SOH share plans for year ahead

Student Body President Chris Johnson discusses his goals for this school year

Senior Chris Johnson is the Student Body President for the 2012-2013 school year.

What are your goals this year as Student Body President?

I’d really like to get the whole school more involved in the events throughout the year.

What event are you looking forward to most this year?

I can’t really single any event out because I’m looking forward to all of them. This year is going to be great; I’m just looking forward to the year as a whole.

What made you want to run for Student Body President?

I ran for class president in eighth grade and ever since then I’ve been really involved in this school. I love Carmel High School and all the things we do here.

What would you like CHS students to know about you?

I’m looking forward to next year and that any time they need to talk to me that I’ll be available.

Speaker of the House Meredith Baranowski shares her plans for her new position

Senior Meredith Baranowski is the Speaker of the House for the 2012-2013 school year.

What makes you a great student leader?

What’s most important is to be respectful of and kind to others. I really try to put my best effort forward in everything that I do, and I believe that when you treat yourself with respect, others will do the same.

What are you planning to do to increase student involvement in school events?

This past year I’ve worked to build up the Carmel High School student government Twitter account, @CarmelHSGov, and I believe it’s a great way for all students, not just student government members, to be in the know about what events are taking place and other updates. Social media is a huge facet Cabinet taps into to market the information we need to get out to students, and I plan on continuing to encourage this strategy.

What do you want CHS students to know about you?

Please don’t hesitate to approach me or introduce yourself. I want to get to know as many students as possible.

What is your top priority as Speaker of the House?

My top priority as Speaker of the House can only be defined after discussion with next year’s Cabinet and input from Carmel students. I’m very interested to hear any kind of feedback! I want to accurately address what student government members and CHS students alike are interested in.