As winter break nears, SV plans upcoming Snowflake Serenade

By: Sherry Lu <[email protected]>

As Student Venture nears its half-year mark, there are still many key upcoming events during the holiday season.

According to Brian Clark, Campus Crusade for Christ sponsor, there will be a Fifth Quarter Concert tonight after the football game at the keynote warehouse. The concert will approximately start at 10 p.m. It is basically an outreach program and will include bands such as The Branches and Giants of Silence. There will also be games and other activities.

For sophomore Jordan Chen, he looks forward to events organized by Student Venture. “Initially, I joined Student Venture just to hang out with friends. However, after listening to Brian Clark, I go to help understand God’s love, power and how it affects me,” he said.

In addition to the Fifth Quarter Concert, there will also be the annual Snowflake Serenade dance which will be on Dec. 1.

According to Chen, the dance is a lot of fun. Also, the dance is unique in that dinner is served before-hand and someone usually gives a testimony of their relationship with God. The dancing is also usually very conservative.

Chen said that the events Student Venture organizes help bring everyone together. He said, “There is definitely the sense of community among people in Student Venture. Everyone seems so happy with each other, and there is always someone with a smiling face to welcome you.”