Maintenance department strives to improve student facilities

Faculty member Mike Wyatt reviews an invoice for CHS pluming. He said the department is making preparations for the Homecoming game. JOSEPH LEE / PHOTO

Every day the maintenance department faculty works extra hard so that CHS students can have the luxury of a well-lit, air-conditioned and safe environment. According to maintenance department faculty member Mike Wyatt, the maintenance department supports students in academics as well as in sports performance

“Big things that we are getting ready for are the different athletic seasons. Right now we’re on football, so every Friday home game, we spend time down there and make sure everything is ready for the game such as the score boards, sound system, and lights,” Wyatt said.

During fall break, the maintenance department will change the school’s temperature to 68 degrees Fahrenheit for the winter.

Junior Mitchell Wallace said, “I really do appreciate the things that they do for us. They work really hard to keep us students concentrated on school rather than how hot or cold it is.”