Senate spearheads various appreciation weeks

Student body president Chris Johnson and senior and senator Race Johnson work during SRT. According to Chris, senators have been coordinating appreciation weeks. MELINDA SONG / PHOTO

According to Senate sponsor Michelle Foutz, senators have been busy planning appreciation weeks for custodians, bus drivers and administrators.

“We recognize the different groups in this school and hold an appreciation for them. We brought in cookies…for the custodians and maintenance workers. This week, we’re getting together and making frosted cookies in the shape of school buses and packaging them for each of the 80 bus drivers,” Foutz said. “(And) we’re going to give cupcakes to the administrators for their appreciation week.”

Student body president Chris Johnson said students can get involved by verbally thanking the individuals at this school who are being recognized.

“Just say ‘thank you’ for everything they do for us,” he said.

Reflecting on Homecoming, Johnson said both the senators and the student body had a great time. As for the annual class competition, Johnson said he was happy with the seniors’ victory.

He said, “It’s awesome. Seniors definitely took control.”