Greyhound Station to discontinue selling snacks after school following Spring Break

After Spring Break, Greyhound Station will not sell snacks after school, according to Theresa Quade, Food Services Assistant Manager. Greyhound Station started selling snacks after school in October due to the number of students that were involved in afterschool activities.

“Right now, we just don’t have the participation we were looking for. It started out really pretty well, and then unfortunately, it went flat. So we just decided that from a business stand point, it didn’t make any sense to continue selling,” Quade said.

Junior Katelyn Davis has been a swimmer since freshman year, and said that although she’s bought snack sometimes after school before her swim practice, she doesn’t think it will make a huge difference.

“I don’t think it’s a bad idea because most people leave after school, and if they have a sport, they bring their own snack, so I don’t think it’s a big deal,” Davis said.

Most of the same snacks will still be sold during lunch. For those who used to buy snacks after school, Quade said they can get snacks at the vending machines. Greyhound Station and Main Cafeteria are both open in between first and second periods, where students can also buy snacks.

Quade said, “I’m not sure if less students are here in the afternoon towards the end of the year or if it was because of football season or basketball season, but the numbers of students just dropped. But I do agree (with the decision to stop selling snacks after school). I do feel sorry for the kids that want something, but we do have vending machines that they can find something they like in.”