Kids’ Corner continues to plan for preschoolers’ arrival

Teagan Wilson, former student teacher of Kids’ Corner and senior, reads a book. Wilson said she enjoyed interacting with the preschoolers at Kids’ Corner. CYNTHIA YUE / PHOTO

Members of Kids’ Corner are planning for the preschoolers’ arrival. According to Kimberly Lenzo, director of Kids’ Corner, the preschoolers will arrive during the first week of March.

Lenzo said the members have been studying webs, schedules and lessons in order to understand aspects of an effective curriculum.

She said Kids’ Corner members will vote on themes this week.

According to Lenzo, the members will be planning lessons, creating bulletin boards and creating resources during the next two weeks.

Teagan Wilson, former student teacher of Kids’ Corner and senior, offered some suggestions regarding the lessons, bulletin boards and resources for the current Kids’ Corner members. Wilson said via email, “Try to find the most interactive activities you can because the kids truly love to have fun during the lessons, and they don’t want to just sit there the whole time.”

Lenzo said she is excited for the preschoolers’ arrival. “I am looking forward to seeing them,” Lenzo said via email. “This is a wonderful group. They really enjoy learning and are so willing to try new things.”