YOUR SOURCE FOR CHS NEWS

Counselors to finish pre-administration sessions, prepare for Scholarship Night

Counselor+Bettina+Cool+organizes+proctors+for+AP+exams+which+will+take+place+in+early+May.+Students+registered+to+take+AP+exams+must+attend+a+pre-administration+session.+
Counselor Bettina Cool organizes proctors for AP exams which will take place in early May. Students registered to take AP exams must attend a pre-administration session.

Beats

According to counselor Bettina Cool, all students registered to take AP exams must attend a pre-administration session, or else they will not be allowed to take their exams. Additionally, the deadline to turn in a form for seniors to attend Scholarship Night is May 4.

There are two more opportunities for students to attend pre-administration sessions. They will be conducted on April 29 at 7:40 a.m. in the auditorium and 3:05 p.m. in freshman cafeteria.

Senior Emily Shady, who will take two AP exams, already attended a session. Shady said she finds the sessions worth the hassle now rather than on exam day.

“I think (a pre-administration session is) helpful because it eliminates wasting time and effort on the day of the test,” Shady said.

Additionally, seniors who have received scholarships either from the school they are attending or an outside source are encouraged to fill out a form located in the counseling office to be recognized on Scholarship Night on May 23. These forms will be due May 4. Those who applied for Carmel Education Foundation Scholarships will receive an invitation to the event about a week after May 4 if they have received a scholarship Cool said via email.

Cool said, “It’s a nice event and it gives you another chance to wear your graduation gown, so yes, everyone should come.”