PTO to hold meeting on Oct. 6, winner of parking pass to be drawn Oct. 9

While waiting for the bell to ring, sophomore Hanisha Battina reads The Great Gatsby. Battina believes that the PTO is an important part of CHS and anyone interested in the PTO should attend the upcoming meeting on Oct. 6.
Tweet: The PTO will hold their next meeting on Oct. 6 in the community room at 9 a.m.
While waiting for the bell to ring, sophomore Hanisha Battina reads The Great Gatsby. Battina believes that the PTO is an important part of CHS and anyone interested in the PTO should attend the upcoming meeting on Oct. 6. Tweet: The PTO will hold their next meeting on Oct. 6 in the community room at 9 a.m.

The PTO is scheduled to have their next meeting on Oct.7 at 9 a.m. in the community room. According to PTO president Cathy Bartling, incentives will be given to those CHS families that become a part of the PTO.

“This year we are pleased to offer incentives for all CHS families who join the PTO with a $25 donation,” Bartling said via email. “First, we are giving away CHS car decals. Second, with every $25 donation, families are automatically entered into a quarterly raffle for a CHS natatorium parking pass. The second winner will be drawn around Oct. 9.”

Sophomore Hanisha Battina said that she believes the PTO plays a vital role in both the planning and execution of student activities at CHS.

“I think they play a big role in student activities,” Battina said. “I think they help in a way that many of (the activities) are student-based, so it (is) based off of student interest. (This) helps with student attendance and funding for the school.”