CONTINUING THE PASSION: Gabi Crowley

William Crawford, Harbor Picture

Q&A with Senior Gabi Crowley

What inspired you to be involved in CHS Dance Marathon?

First of all, I knew a lot of people in it, and they were like my idols in life because they were all really good people. They told me to do Dance Marathon, and at first I was the freshman who was hesitant. Like everyone else, I’m so happy that I did it because it was definitely a life changing day, hearing the Riley stories of kids and seeing how they felt so special there. It was so cool to see how much you can do. I think a lot of people just underestimate the things you can do in high school. Doing Dance Marathon is just a really cool thing to be involved in.

What do you think makes a successful CHS Dance Marathon?

When student’s lives are changed. I don’t think it has anything to do with the amount we raise. I think it’s really cool to see people react to it and say that it changed their life. If we just raise the money that wouldn’t mean anything to anyone. I think it’s really cool to see the school that doesn’t always get to do a lot of charity work and I think students underestimate themselves. Doing that kind of opens their eyes to what they can do.

What do you think you will take away from this opportunity to lead this event?

I do not want to leave. I start crying when I talk about it. I’ve learned so much from this not only from giving when I talk about it. I’ve learned so much from this not only from giving back and focusing on others. I literally was talking to Bruce Wolf about how I feel like I don’t have to go college with the amount of businesses I’ve had to talk to for donations. Making a phone call is one of my daily activities. You just learn so much much about life that’s it’s such an awesome experience. I would totally try to convince anyone to do it.

What is your favorite activity or part of CHS Dance Marathon?

Definitely the Riley Stories because I think it’s so cool, and it really hits home why we are all there. My second favorite part is the last part of the marathon. It’s where we all stand in a circle and honor Ashley Crouse…I think it’s just so cool to see why we are all and that a student just like all of us had a passion just as big as all of us, if not way bigger. It’s crazy to see the impact she made on the world.