Men’s Tennis to compete at MIC First Rounds on Sept. 15 against North Central

+Mitchell+Mercer%2C++JV+player+and+sophomore%2C+is+running+high-fives+through+the+tennis+team+after+being+announced+on+the+roster.+The+boys+tennis+team+is+looking+to+gain+a+State+Championship+title+this+season+after+being+runner-ups+for+the+last+three+years+to+North+Central.+
Mitchell Mercer, JV player and sophomore, is running high-fives through the tennis team after being announced on the roster. The boy’s tennis team is looking to gain a State Championship title this season after being runner-ups for the last three years to North Central.

The boy’s tennis team will be preparing for the first round of MIC against North Central High School for the next few weeks. The match will be on Sept. 15 at North Central at 5:30 pm.

“For the past 3 years, North Central has beat us in the State Championship, and we are out for revenge. We want to bring the state championship back to Carmel, and I think with the team that we have this year, we have a good shot,” said Head Coach Spencer Fields via email.

There is a new senior addition to the team this year, JV player Rohit Nagaraj. Nagaraj was on JV his freshman year; however, due to a back injury, he has been out of tennis for the past two years and was not able to play for Carmel.

“I am very excited to be back on the team even after a two year injury. It was great how the team made me feel accepted and at home even though I’ve been out of practice for a while. I’m excited to see how we do against North Central, and to be representing Carmel my senior year,” said Nagaraj.

Returning seniors such as varsity player Jay Natarajan are also excited for the rivalries this season.

“After being on the team all three years, I really want to get that state championship. The main rivalries to look for this year are of course North Central, Park Tudor, and Guerin Catholic. I’m really excited to see this team achieve that feat,” said Natarajan.