CHS women’s soccer team faces Westfield in First Round of Sectional

Senior Jessie Cowen turns on a defender in a game against Hamilton Southeastern High School. The Hounds will take on Westfield High School in the first round of their Sectional tonight at Westfield High School at 5p.m.

The CHS women’s soccer team will take on the Westfield High School women’s soccer team tonight at Westfield High School at 5p.m. When these two teams played in the regular season, CHS won convincingly, with a score of 6-0.

“It doesn’t matter what you did during the year, we beat [Westfield] 6-0, I expect a game that may be a 1-0, 2-0 game, and that’s if we are on our game. Everybody knows, one and out, so they’ll play their hardest. It’ll be a tough game,” Head Coach Frank Dixon said.

Senior soccer player Emily Roberts said she knows firsthand how difficult it is in Sectional, as she was a part of CHS soccer teams that lost in Sectional her freshman and junior years.

“Based on my past three years and those experiences, I know we have to take it one game at a time,” Roberts said. “Usually some of the easier teams are in Sectional, but we underestimate them, and we end up getting beat. So I know we have to treat every game as if it’s out last.”