TEAM TRADITIONS: A look at numerous CHS teams different traditions

MEN’S TENNIS

We congratulate the other players and get together as a team and talk about the win.”

Senior Ethan McAndrews

TENNIS TOGETHERNESS:  The tennis team huddles together before a match against Homestead High School. Ethan McAndrews, varsity tennis player and senior, said, “Before we go out and play, we all get in a circle together and break it down as a team.” McAndrews said it gets the team motivated and also assists in the focusing of the team.
Angela Sun
TENNIS TOGETHERNESS:
The tennis team huddles together before a match against Homestead High School. Ethan McAndrews, varsity tennis player and senior, said, “Before we go out and play, we all get in a circle together and break it down as a team.” McAndrews said it gets the team motivated and also assists in the focusing of the team.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

“On game days we shoot free throws before school. Before games, in the locker room, we sing and have a cheer that we yell.

“Since we do everything together, we are just like one big family. We always have each others’ back no matter what.”

Junior Anna Kmec

WRESTLING

I pray. That’s my preparation.”

Sophomore Jayden Williams

FOOTBALL

“Our coaches are really involved (in team rituals). They just love the atmosphere and the job they are doing.”

“Before every game we pray and say our day-by-day chant. Then we go out, stretch, warm up as a team and get ready for our opponent.”

“After a win, we sing to our fans and go back in the locker room and celebrate as a team.”

Quarterback and sophomore Tyler Trent

PREGAME PREP: The CHS football team huddles before a game in the tunnel and prepares by getting motivated. Before every home game the team walks out of the locker room, stands in a huddle then stampedes on to the field as cheerleaders run with flags that spell out “Carmel.” This is one of the many traditions the CHS football team has. Others include a team dinner the day before games and also cheering the CHS fight song after finishing the game.
Kelsey Atcheson
PREGAME PREP:
The CHS football team huddles before a game in the tunnel and prepares by getting motivated. Before every home game the team walks out of the locker room, stands in a huddle then stampedes on to the field as cheerleaders run with flags that spell out “Carmel.” This is one of the many traditions the CHS football team has. Others include a team dinner the day before games and also cheering the CHS fight song after finishing the game.

“It’s hard to cope with a loss because of all the work that you put in the week before and in practice. It’s just devastating to get a loss.”

“Before the game we all go out and get in the huddle and get ready as a team getting ready to perform.”

Tight end and sophomore Jamal Taylor