Women’s soccer season ends with loss to Guerin Catholic

Freshman Kelsie James takes a corner kick in a game against Hamilton Southeastern High School. The Hounds season ended with a 3-2 loss to Guerin Catholic High School in the Sectional championship game.

The CHS women’s soccer team season is over after losing to Guerin Catholic High School in overtime by a score of 3-2. After capturing the MIC conference title, the Hounds fell in the Sectional championship game.

“I think we had a great season, not a good end to it, but a great season. We beat a lot of good teams, we had our first twenty goal scorer since 2006 with Katie Soderstrom, overall I think we played well,” Head Coach Frank Dixon said.

Dixon, who is sitting on 474 career wins, said he will return next season. While the Hounds will graduate several top players, including four year varsity player and team captain Emily Roberts, they will return several key players, such as junior soccer player Katie Soderstrom.

“I think the junior class will have to step up a lot and I think our sophomore and freshman class have a lot of potential as well,” Soderstrom said. “We have some good players who didn’t get a lot of minutes this year, but will next year.”