Art Club to host fall art show on Nov. 17

Art Club sponsor Jennifer Bubp discusses the upcoming fall art show and window painting project with Art Club members. Art students have raised canned food for the CHS Backpack Program and Bubp said she hopes people will bring some more during the art show.

This Thursday, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., the Art Club will be hosting their fall art show in the Freshman Center Cafeteria. According to Jennifer Bubp, Art Club sponsor and teacher, people can come to vote on students’ artworks and participate in their raffle to win a basket, which will cost $2 per raffle ticket. The proceeds will go to the Make a Wish Foundation.

Additionally, the club is asking for donations for their canned food drive. Bubp said these donations will be going to the CHS Backpack Program, which ensures that every student at Carmel has enough food over the holidays.

Madison Tubbs, Art Club president and senior, said the club will be painting windows. This will take place on Saturday at the Carmel City Center, a shopping complex in front of the Palladium, where, according the Bubp, the club members will be going to each window of each business to paint holiday-themed items, such as snowflakes and snowmen.