YOUR SOURCE FOR CHS NEWS

CHS Baseball: Battle of the Oar Game moved to Victory Field

The CHS baseball team celebrates their first Sectional Championship in 16 years. The season gets started with a scrimmage against Hamilton Southeastern High School on March 22 at Hartman Field at 5:30 p.m.

The CHS baseball team’s game against Noblesville High School has been moved to Victory Field in Indianapolis on Friday, April 28 at 8 p.m. as part of the Victory Field Classic. Victory Field is the home of Indianapolis’ professional baseball team, the Indianapolis Indians.

Catcher and senior Colin Donahue said he thought the field change was befitting of the rivalry, often called The Battle of the Oar.

“It was a good move to go to Victory Field as we’ve had some pretty competitive games over the years and this year shouldn’t be any different,” Donahue said.

Head Coach Matt Buczkowski, entering his first year, said he is not only excited to play on what he called the best field in the state, but also to coach a CHS team that is coming off the program’s first Sectional Championship in 16 years.

It’s a good group, and I’m certainly happy to be here,” Buczkowski said. “With so many seniors returning, and quality seniors at that, we obviously have high expectations for the year. It’s been a smooth transition and I’m excited to be here and happy to get started.”