Friends in Office

SBP Jeremy Weprich and SOH David Chiang know each other well enough to see each other’s flaws

By David Zheng
<[email protected]>

What are your goals as SBP?
My main goals for SBP are closing any obstructions that separate the Cabinet and the House and trying to work more together as one body of student government and to accomplish the different events and goals at our school more productively. I definitely want to work towards improving the relationship between Cabinet and Senate and working together as one student government organization instead of a divided one.

What do you feel you can bring to the table as our new SBP?
As SBP I feel like I can bring three years of getting to know a large portion of the student body which is definitely helpful in organizing events and working together when I know a lot of people from different groups. I think I’m really friendly and knowledgeable about a wide array of things that involve student government so hopefully the combination of those things can lead to a good leader.

Do you feel you and David will be able to work well together?
David and I go way back, and we’ve been friends, classmates and members of orchestra since the sixth grade, so we definitely know how to work together and how to have each other to lean on, what faults we have and our strengths and weaknesses.

What ideas do you have for the 2010-2011 school year?
I definitely want my senior year and the years of everyone else at CHS to be remembered not only as a year where we made groundbreaking achievements, school records or record attendance at events, but also a year where people have memories that are actually going to last because of how well-executed events are and how well the student body is incorporated, and making sure no one is singled out.

What are your goals as SOH?
One of my first goals as SOH is to bring student government closer together by bringing Senate and House in closer terms and possibly expanding House or Cabinet this year, but that’s still under debate. If anything, improving on what Sunny has accomplished this year in House and possibly adding new material and bringing my abilities to the table.
What do you feel you can bring to the table as our new SOH?
I do have determination and organizational skills. I feel my decision-based merit will help guide the Cabinet and help them forge better leaders so we can lead the House of Representatives, and the school on that note.
Do you feel you and Jeremy will be able to work well together?
We’ve known each other since sixth grade and we pretty much know each other’s flaws, and because of that we can help each other out. Jeremy’s the more eloquent one so he can help me out when I have rough spots, but I think I can add some thinking abilities.
How do you want to leave your impact on CHS?
Pretty much I want Jeremy and I to be remembered as two hard workers who really loved and tried to add our effort to the school and build upon a tradition of excellence.
For this year, we actually had one Cabinet member who came up with an entirely new event. Hopefully we’ll be able to possibly bring new fall and spring events to the table, and maybe even change the ones that may need some improvement, especially with this year’s Senate taking over 3v3 we have more freedom to play around a bit with the schedule. DM’s still a giant goal, so if anything, bringing in more support for it and more dancers.
View Comments (1)
$20
$500

• J

JohnSep 19, 2010 at 10:27 pm

For those of us who are not attending Carmel HS or even live in your area, it might be helpful reveal what SBP and SOH stand for in the story. Just a suggestion. Otherwise…well done!

Reply