Thus begin the baking adventures of two second-semester seniors.
To celebrate the end of our second-to-last semester of high school, Monica and I decided to feast upon some Oreo-themed desserts. To start, we made mini Oreo cheesecakes, which are ridiculously awesome and easy to make, featuring a total of six ingredients.
This recipe yields six cheesecakes, but feel free to double/triple/quadruple it. (Here is the recipe we based it on.)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup sugar ¼ teaspoon vanilla (I usually just eyeball it and pour from the bottle)
10 Oreos, divided
Whipped cream or Cool Whip
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Then add the egg and beat lightly.
3. Place an Oreo at the bottom of 6 cupcake liners. Then fill with the cream cheese batter.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Let the cheesecakes cool completely. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
5. Top the cheesecakes with whipped cream and Oreo halves/crumbs.
Enjoy! Ah, winter break is so amazing. And sugar-filled.
–Caroline & Monica