February 5 was World Nutella Day, so the Just Desserts chefs decided to bake Nutella brownies! Yeah, we know, timeliness and all that. But we can pretty much all agree Nutella is awesome any day of the year. Plus, there’s only three ingredients! So you should forgive us for the delay, read this blog post and go out and make your own brownies.
Recipe from from Savory Sweet Life
CAROLINE ZHANG / PHOTOS
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Well, okay, four ingredients, if you want to throw in extras.
Optional Add-Ins (feel free to use one or more of these):
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, peanuts or pecans
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon (add with the flour)
Nutella + Egg. Don't worry, it looks better in the end.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with cupcake liners, or line a 9 in. by 3 in. pan with aluminum foil and grease.
- Put the Nutella and egg in a bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins or pan and sprinkle with the add-ins (unless you did the cinnamon). We opted for chopped walnuts and peanut butter chips.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Here’s the batter, with our add-ins.
The hardest part was spooning out and measuring the Nutella–it’s really thick, and you might want to try using one of those silicon spatulas. But we’re pretty sure you can find someone willing to lick the measuring cup.
Monica Cheng & Caroline Zhang