Interview with Senior Owen Yonce
1) How did the band form?
We formed in 7th grade when I first got my guitar. Everyone else was playing guitar around then. I heard Brian McGowen was pretty good at guitar so I asked him if he wanted to form a band and it was worth a shot.
2) Where does your band find its inspiration?
There are bands we look up to, but our main inspiration is just song writing and playing music.
3) What will set you apart from other bands?
We don’t really do much with the performance itself. We just kind of rock. We just go out there and play.
4) What other venues has the band performed at in the past?
We’ve played at Hot Box Pizza, TCBY, Bar mitzvahs, Baskin Robbins and the pool house off 136th. And David Letterman.
5) What is the bands most memorable experience together?
Probably playing in the basement. Just turning up all of the mikes and playing really loudly. It’s a lot of fun to just rock out.
6) Have you performed at Houndstock in the past?
Yeah. We’ve been performing there since 10th grade. We didn’t try out in 9th because we didn’t have a bass player.
7) What are you looking forward to the most about Houndstock?
Probably just putting on a good show for everybody and playing louder than usual.
8) What are the future plans for the band?
To play on Conan and sign to a major label. And to sell out.