NHS to meet on Dec. 7

The next National Honors Society meeting is scheduled to take place on Dec. 7 in the Freshman cafeteria.

According to Mr. Tony Willis, assistant sponsor, the NHS is very busy in the upcoming weeks. They are doing a lot of in school, and out of school activities. One of them includes a final exam kit. “We’ve named committees to handle the final exam survival kits,” Willis said.

Also since every teacher buys tissues, and hand sanitizer from their own pocket, the NHS is also planning to buy a couple boxes of tissues and some hand sanitizer for each classroom in the building.

To Willis, his job is still mainly overseeing, and making sure the kids get the job done, and that it is mainly a student thing. To help him the NHS just recently welcomed on board a new assistant sponsor, Mrs. Greer Trapkus. She is a former CHS graduate, and a former member of the NHS. “She brings knowledge about Carmel High School, and the society,” Willis said.

Finally, the annual NHS Fundraiser is just around the corner.  “Students should start listening to announcements in January for carnations. ”It is our annual fundraiser.” Willis said. By Balaarasu Jayakumar