National Honor Society to sell carnations starting Feb. 3

The long-standing Valentine’s Day tradition of students sending and receiving carnations will continue, starting with sales Feb. 3 in the main cafeteria and Greyhound Station.

National Honor Society members will sell and then deliver carnations to students Feb. 14 during SRT, according to Tony Willis, National Honor Society assistant sponsor. Flowers, priced at $1.50 each or $15 for a dozen, reflect the sentiment of the sender, with red for love, white for friendship, yellow for appreciation and pink for secret admirer.

“I have taught at Carmel High School more than 20 years,” Willis said, “and the Honor Society carnation sales mark one of the highlights of second semester. The fact that Valentine’s Day occurs on a day with an SRT makes the event even more meaningful this year.”

Sales will continue on school days from Feb. 4 to Feb. 9 during all four lunches in the main cafeteria and Greyhound Station.

More details are posted at http://tinyurl.com/4g62b8y.

For more information, see NHS head sponsor Michele Satchwell in Room E134, assistant sponsor Greer Trapkus in Room B202 or Willis in Room 137. By David Zheng <[email protected]>