GKOM plans next connection session for Feb. 25

The GKOMs are scheduled to have their next connection session on Feb. 25 during SRT to discuss several topics, including bullying and friendship, according to sponsor Jennifer Powell.

“This meeting will be one in which we will touch on several topics. The first topic is about how to handle and manage stress. Then we will also have a discussion on bullying and friendship, and what the best ways to respond to issues with bullying are,” Powell said.

Before each connection session, all of the GKOMs meet in the auditorium to discuss what they will be talking about with their assigned SRT. This upcoming meeting is scheduled to be the second one for second semester.

“Bullying is a serious topic and we believe that it is important for us to talk about it,” Powell said.

“Freshmen benefit from the session by getting a chance to interact with upperclassmen without feeling alienated or inferior, to ask questions about life at Carmel High School and to make new friends,” said GKOM and junior Mason Yao via email. “It is a truly rewarding experience to connect with the freshmen.” By Lindsey Walker.