GKOMS remind Freshman Class to study for finals, remain active

At the most recent GKOM connection session on April 14, mentors celebrated the conclusion of the semester with the Freshman Class. As finals approach within the last few weeks of school, students prepare for exams and look forward to a new semester in the fall.

Tyler Hardcastle, GKOM Council member and senior, said mentors emphasized the importance of finals.

“We did a silly quiz before finals last semester that asked questions to make them start to think about (finals),” Hardcastle said. “The biggest thing we tried to push this time was that they start studying earlier rather than the night before.”

Treasurer David Liang said he plans to approach his finals as he did last semester.

“(The GKOM mentors) reminded us not to blow off the rest of the year and told us to still study for finals,” Liang said. “I plan on looking over review materials and study guides again.”

The mentors will not formally meet with the Freshman Class for the remainder of the year. Hardcastle said he encourages students to stay active throughout the next three years.

“Don’t limit yourselves to anything,” he said. “Keep all of your options open because you might not know what you want to do when you grow older.” By Laura Peng [email protected]