Students for Education to have meeting soon about fundraisers

PLAN AHEAD: Aghilah Nadaraj, Students for Education vice president and senior, looks up information about different possible fundraising ideas. Nadaraj said the club wants feedback from its members before deciding on an event. HENRY ZHU / PHOTO

Student for Education, a group focused on tutoring youth around Indianapolis, will have a meeting about its

fundraising activities in the next few weeks. Aghilah Nadaraj, vice president and senior, said this meeting would focus

on deciding which fundraising activity the club should pursue.

“We officers haven’t decided which kind of fundraiser we should do, and the next meeting’s a good way to get some feedback from the club members,” Nadaraj said. “We haven’t been able to decide on a date yet, but we want to have this meeting soon so we can get the fundraiser started as soon as possible.”

According to sponsor Sherri Pankratz, the club’s meetings and activities are almost entirely run by students.

“I leave most of the day-to-day functions of the club to the students,” Pankratz said.

Nadaraj said the club does not have any activities planned for the next few weeks, but there will be several chances for members to participate at the end of the semester.

“Right now it’s more about the members just getting to know the kids at the shelter,” Nadaraj said. “We’ll definitely do something like later for the holiday season, but tutoring was and still is the most important part of who we are.”