Senior Class to participate in Veteran’s Day Ceremony Nov. 10

On Nov. 10, the Senior Class will participate in the annual Veteran’s Day Ceremony. The ceremony will take place in the auditorium, and it will be held during SRT. Only seniors will attend the event; however it will be broadcasted through CHTV in all of the SRT classrooms.

Will Ellery, ceremony organizer and history teacher, said, “A part of our responsibility, especially as a social studies department, is to create a responsible citizenry. A piece of that is students coming to understand the sacrifices people have made in the past so that we can have the freedoms we have today.”

The ceremony will not have many changes, however the student speaker and guest speaker will differ from previous years.

Ellery said, “We have not yet chosen our student speaker. Our guest speaker will be a representative veteran from our community.”

Senior Cameron Morton said, “I am looking forward to the Veteran’s Day Ceremony. It is one of the many privileges the Senior Class gets to experience. I remember watching it as a freshman, wishing I could be a part of it.”

“The goal for the ceremony is for each student to come up with what Veteran’s Day means to him or her,” Ellery said. “It’s student run. We want each student to draw their own conclusions as to why we recognize our veterans.”