LifeLines plans Pre-Winter Break Awareness Week

Shruthee Rajendran, LifeLines member and senior, writes on a banner at a work session on Dec. 1. The club created the banners as part of Pre-Winter Break Awareness Week, a campaign to promote making good decisions and staying safe during winter break. VICTOR XU / PHOTO

LifeLines is preparing for Pre-Winter Break Awareness Week, an awareness campaign that will take place the week of Dec. 5 and finals week.

“(The campaign) is just encouraging people to make good choices and stay safe over winter break,” Alec Rader, LifeLines president and senior, said. “We’ll be talking at this next meeting and over the weekend before finals about it.”

According to Rader, LifeLines members have met and designed three banners displaying statistics and safety information as part of the campaign, one for each cafeteria. Pre-Winter Break Awareness Week is the last major event LifeLines will be planning this semester.

LifeLines sponsor Rebekah Overbey said students should be prepared for a possible seat belt check to wrap up the semester. She added that the club would not host a mock car crash again until the Junior Class graduates, taking into account former students in the Class of ‘13 who lost their lives in automobile accidents.