LifeLines to meet March 7 to plan Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week

Alec Rader, LifeLines president and senior, leads a group discussion to brainstorm ideas for Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week at a meeting on Feb. 22. The campaign will promote abstinence from drugs and alcohol and encourage good decision-making during the week of March 26. VICTOR XU/ PHOTO

LifeLines is scheduled to meet on the morning of March 7 to continue suggesting ideas for Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week. The awareness campaign will take place the week of March 26. According to LifeLines sponsor Rebekah Overbey, the campaign will encourage students to make wise decisions over spring break.

“The purpose is just to encourage students to make better choices and to discourage drugs, alcohol, partying and the dangers of those,” Overbey said. “We really want students to think about their actions to save lives, not end them.”

At the previous meeting, LifeLines members worked on finding a speaker for Pre-Prom Awareness Week and brainstormed ideas for Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week.

Eric Cui, LifeLines vice president and junior, said the campaign is one of LifeLines’ most influential.

“Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week is an effort to make sure students here make good choices over the long break,” Cui said.