House to host capture the flag on April 28, Houndstock May 19

In the last House meeting, members took a vote on what spring activity to host, and the majority agreed on capture the flag. According to House sponsor Sarah Wolff, this one-hour event will take place on April 28. The time of day is still to be determined, depending on what other events are scheduled for that same day. Students must pay a fee of $3, which will cover drinks, water balloons and other supplies. The charity to which the money will go to is not yet decided—last year, it went to tornado victims in Alabama.

“It’s a new event students have picked to do,” Wolff said, “and it’ll be fun because you’ll be using water balloons and playing with a large group of people.”

Students are encouraged to wear clothes they wouldn’t mind getting dirty and tennis shoes for running. Wolff said the location of this year’s capture the flag will be either the practice fields behind the football stadium, or the cross country field across from the soccer stadium.

In addition, House will be organizing Houndstock on May 19. According to Zeen Abed Ali, Houndstock chairperson and senior, the event is a “battle of the bands.”

Band applications are available on April 9 and are due on April 16. Try outs are after school at the Freshman cafeteria on April 18 and 19. The list of bands for Houndstock will be posted on April 23. Wolff said the only qualification of the bands is that they have at least one member who is a CHS student.

Abed Ali said, “It’s the last event of year and a good way to have fun, listen to good music, try some food from club booths, and just have a good time.”