Academic Scholars Banquet to celebrate the top 3 percent of each class

The Academic Scholars Banquet will take place on April 16 at the Ritz Charles. The event will take place from 6 pm to 8 pm and students will receive a plaque and proclamation certificate. According to Julie Van Buren, the counseling secretary who works with the banquet, all students invited have displayed significant academic achievements at Carmel.

“The students are selected because they have placed in the top 3 percent of each grade level,” said Van Buren. “It is after the Hall of Fame Induction, which recognizes Carmel High School alumni that have done something good for the community.”
This year the Hall of Fame Inductees include Gregory Lentz and Ted Allen. Lentz is recognized for his work through Carmel athletics, especially baseball, which include his crucial role in the relocation of the Babe Ruth and American Legion baseball to Badger Park and Matt O’ Malia Field. Allen recently hosted “Taste of the NFL, Super Bowl 44,” which benefited the food banks of NFL cities, and is currently the spokesperson for Dining Out For Life, which contributes millions of dollars for HIV/AIDS organizations.