GKOM organization changes final Connection Session date to April 27

GKOM and junior Kathryn “Katie” Camp sits on a desk and chats with some of the freshmen in her SRT during a Connection Session. The final GKOM Connection Session is scheduled for April 27. LINDSEY WALKER/PHOTO

According to lead GKOM sponsor Mike Meyer, the GKOM organization has changed the date for its last Connection Session of this school year from SRT on April 19 to SRT on April 27. The date was changed from what appears in the Pathways due to a performing arts convocation.

“Since this is the last Connection Session it will be mainly a party for the students,” Meyer said. “However we will still also talk about some important subjects, such as explaining to them how Skip-a-Final works and going over how to study for AP exams and final exams.”

According to junior Meredith Wettersten, this Connection Session will be a little sad for her, despite the festive atmosphere.

“I’m going to miss all of my freshmen because my favorite part of everything GKOM was just getting to know the students better,” Wettersten said. “But I can’t wait to be a GKOM again next year.”