Cru Club embraces new name, looks forward to September’s big events

Student Venture recently changed its name to Cru. The next big event for the Cru Club will be the Carnival of Compassion on Sept. 11 at 7:03 a.m. in the Freshman Cafeteria.

Jessica Keys, senior and Student Action Leadership Team (SALT) leader, says that the club shortened the college version from Campus Crusades for Christ to Cru because it was shorter and easier to say. “Over the summer they decided to shorten the college version to Cru probably because it was quite a mouthful. When they did that, they also decided to do the same with all their international and national branches, just for clarity,” Keys said.

Brian Clark, and adult leader of the Cru Club added that they changed the name so that it would be easier for students to identify Cru in college. “Students that graduate from high school and go to college will be able to connect easier with Cru in college,” Clark said via email. “Student Venture was the high school part of Cru, and we changed our name so it would be easier to connect those dots for identity and volunteers as well.”