German Club to go to The Rathskeller Oct. 11

On Oct. 11 at 4 p.m., the German Club will host its October event, a dinner at The Rathskeller, a German restaurant, according to German Club sponsor Laura King. King said an exact fee has not been set yet, but the cost would be around $12. Up to 100 people are allowed to partake in the event, and appropriate school attire is needed.

According to president Caroline Bundy, her main job as president is to represent the students and to help organize German events.

“As a freshman, I was in German and thought getting involved in a club would be fun. Then, I started to like German more,” Bundy said via email. She now takes AP German Language.

Laura King, the sponsor of German Club said she is very dedicated to keeping the club on track and recognizing what students need to be exposed to in German culture.

“The goal of German Club is for students to get a chance to experience German culture, German language and different things incorporated within the German speaking countries that they can’t get in the classroom,” King said.