Pinnacle places priority on its website

According to adviser Nicole Wilson Pinnacle’s chief priority is its website and celebrating the yearbook’s 125th anniversary. Wilson said the website is the best way to let students know of ongoing Pinnacle fundraising.  Sophomore Joie Li, who is serving her second year in Pinnacle, says that deadlines have been one of the most important issues to keep aware of.

Wilson said, “We’re using the site right now pretty heavily as a way to get out information on club photos and senior ad sales—that’s one of our biggest fundraisers every year… I know one of the big pushes this year so far is a section of the website that’s dedicated to the school’s 125th anniversary, and so every day, for 125 days, they’re putting a different historical fact online and they’re tweeting it out.”

Li said, “We’ve gotten lots of retweets, and it’s actually really interesting.”

The yearbook staff is constantly working hard for the Carmel High School students.  The staff’s SRT are often solely dedicated to improving the book and making deadlines.

“This is technically an SRT, but no one’s sitting around just doing random homework, they’re all working on yearbook stuff, and that’s because they have 120 pages due in about three and a half weeks,” Wilson said. “They’ve really pulled together and I’m pretty excited for them… I’m never surprised when I see my yearbook students work hard, because they’re very passionate about what they do; this year they’ve pulled together especially well and are doing awesome things with the book.”