Seniors look ahead to new semester

Senior Class president Julian Batts (left) makes plans for Homecoming events in September. According to Batts, the biggest task for Senior Class officers in the spring semester is helping plan graduation week. HAFSA RAZI / PHOTO

Members of the Senior Class look forward to their last semester of high school after winter break. According to Senior Class sponsor Robert Fellows, the three main events for seniors next semester are Dance Marathon, prom and graduation. The Senior Class officers will help plan prom and graduation, Fellows said.

“Once second semester starts, we’ll be more informed about how the (graduation) week is going to go,” Senior Class president Julian Batts said.

According to Batts, class officers are also considering a small spring fundraiser by the Senior Class.

“We’re still looking at some ideas and (when) we can fit them in,” Batts said.

Seniors will also be preoccupied in the new semester with making final decisions about their post-high school plans and looking for financial aid, Batts said.

According to Batts, members of Senior Class have been highly successful in the fall semester.

“We had a lot of accomplishments in athletics and academics and extracurriculars,” Batts said.

Fellows said seniors have helped promote school activities by supporting the football and volleyball teams and participating in Homecoming events.

“I think our seniors have done a good job of modeling to our younger students what it means to be a Carmel Greyhound,” Fellows said via email.