Cru Club to host ‘Fast for Fastbreak’ Jan. 12 to 13

Cru Club member Clay Villegas shares his personal experiences with Cru Club sponsor Brian Clark. The Cru Club meets every Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. in the freshman cafeteria. JACOB BOTKIN / PHOTO

The Cru Club’s next big event is ‘Fast for Fastbreak’ on Jan. 12 to 13.

“Students are going without food for 24 hours to pray for those going on the Fastbreak retreat next weekend,” Cru Club sponsor Brian Clark said.

Starting Jan. 12 after school, 35 CHS students will fast until Jan. 13 at 3 p.m., according to Clark. From 3 to 7 p.m. on Jan. 13, they will come together to pray, make a dinner and eat, Clark said.

According to Jessica Keys, Cru Club student leader, Cru Club is a great way to get involved in the community.

“I personally lead a bible study for eighth-grade girls at Carmel Middle School and also help with Cru there on Friday mornings,” Keys said via email.

According to Clark, getting involved with Cru Club is easy and everyone is welcome.

“Anyone can come,” he said. “We don’t even have membership, to be honest. If you are a leader, you would want to lead others closer to God and walk faithfully with him.”