GKOM to meet March 14

The next GKOM connection meetings will take place on March 14 in the designated freshmen center rooms during SRT. According to Mike Meyer, GKOM sponsor and special services teacher, the junior and senior mentors should spend the second semester meet ups focusing on dance marathon and other school wide events.

“It is important for the GKOMs to inform the freshmen on upcoming school events. We want them interacting and building positive relationships that will carry on when their freshmen are seniors and juniors,” Meyer said.

GKOM and junior Ashley Munroe said she is excited to inform the freshmen students about the events, such as dance marathon, that require school spirit and fun.

“I want to try to convince all the students I mentor to join activities like that. When they graduate, they’d regret it if they didn’t. When I was a freshman, my GKOMs encouraged me to participate in school events, and I am so happy they did,” Munroe said.

According to Meyer, this meeting will be important to continue the foundations being built by the mentors and freshmen students.

“They need to continue to work on the connections. The students that are involved are the best that Carmel High School has to offer, so we want them to be a positive influence and continue the unbelievable culture that we have at CHS,” Meyer said.