SV welcomes the coming holidays, Snowflake Serenade, Fastbreak

By: Sherry Lu <[email protected]>

As the holiday season approaches, Student Venture anticipates many upcoming events including the annual Snowflake Serenade dance and the annual winter retreat called Fastbreak.

According to Brian Clark, Campus Crusade for Christ sponsor, the 8th annual Snowflake Serenade will occur on Dec. 1st from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m. at Carmel Elementary School.

It is a semi-formal dance and will also include a catered dinner for students.

Tickets will start to be on sale the week before during all lunches for $5.

Senior Amy Kiray attended the dance last year and plans to attend this year again.

“It was a lot of fun because it wasn’t like your typical school dance. We had dinner, it was a lot smaller and there were people from other schools there too,” she said.

Aside from the dance, participants can also get involved in the turkey bowling and Fastbreak, the annual winter retreat.

According to Clark, Fastbreak will be held over Martin Luther King Jr. weekend during the middle of January.

The Fastbreak retreat will take place in Kalamazoo, MI. More information and permission slips will soon be available during the weekly Student Venture meetings on Tuesday mornings before school.