CCPL provides games for teens

Game Space is on March 7 at 2 p.m. and the Kick-Off event for the Hamilton County Reads is on March 9 at 3 p.m. at the Carmel Clay Public Library (CCPL).

Young Adult (YA) Services Manager Hope Baugh said Game Space is an event where middle school and high school students come in and play Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) and various board games in the library program room.

According to Baugh, students don’t need to pre-register or pay anything in order to participate in the event.

Baugh said, “It’s a chance to play games that are a little noisier than what people usually play upstairs in the YA lounge.”

Junior Crystal Wespestad said, “I think it’s a good idea to have this event at the library because it allows all the students to have opportunities that aren’t always available to them, and it gives them time to socialize with their peers. And it’s also a fun environment for a lot of them because they don’t always have those games at home.”

According to Baugh, the mayor will be present and will unveil the title that everyone will be reading during the Kick-Off event for the Hamilton County Reads.

Baugh said, “This year’s Hamilton County Reads book celebrates the natural world and stresses that we must take care to preserve it.”