Cheating policy in full swing for Social Studies Department

The Social Studies department is in full agreement with the new cheating policy. The new policy set in place this year cracks down on students’ cheating habits, and it has even greater consequences. The new policy was implemented because of multiple sets of students being caught cheating on final exams via cell phones.

“I think we needed to provide some consequences that can really put some teeth into the policy,” Tracy Hadden, Social Studies department chair, said. “Hopefully it will prevent kids from even trying to cheat.” Hadden also spoke about her students not seeming to be very bothered by the new policies.

One of the students in the Social Studies department is Monica Dick, US history student and junior. “I have no problem with the new policy,” Monica said. “If it evens the playing field for everyone by only having to put phones in the front of the classroom it is fine by me.” She also spoke of her fellow classmates not having a problem with the policy.

As I was about to leave Mrs. Hadden’s office I asked if she wanted any other information to be shared. She gave a simple answer, “Don’t cheat.”