Senate members collect gifts for Care to Share Dec. 3, 5

Senate members will collect donations for the Care to Share gift drive on Dec. 3 and Dec. 5 during SRT, according to student body president George Gemelas. Students from participating SRTs will bring in items throughout the period, and Senate members will immediately begin processing the gifts.

Senate sponsor Michelle Foutz said that senators having been visiting SRTs to ensure that students are keeping up with their commitments.
During the Care to Share collection days, Gemelas said senators will confirm that all registered SRTs brings in donations. They will also make sure that SRTs provide both the necessities – usually clothing and other practical items – as well as the fun items requested by the hosted individual.
“We keep track of what each individual received,” Foutz said, “…so, that we can make sure that nothing has been missed.”
The donations will be sorted and bagged in the first two weeks of December, Gemelas said. OnDec. 17, senators will travel to the United Way Office to deliver the donations.
“We take two entire buses full of gifts and s

Senate members listen to student body president George Gemelas at a meeting during SRT. senators will collect donations for the Senate’s Care to Share gift drive on Dec. 3 and Dec. 5 during SRT, Gemelas said.

enators,” Gemelas said.

Senate members will meet the hosted families there and help them load their donations into their cars.
“It can be a very emotional day,” Gemelas said.