Sophomore class officer position encourages leadership

Sophomore class president Joe Philleo assumes the role as a leader as he tries to make the best out of this year.

“I ran for class president because I thought that I could get my ideas about perhaps school lunches and how to make our class even better than it already is,” said Philleo

Sophomore class sponsor John Love supports Philleo as a leader and his plans he has for the year.

“We are here as reference for the kids. We help lead of course. If kids have certain ideas or certain plans or some kind of project that they would want to work on, they would of course run it through us first, you know make sure it’s something they can feasibly do, and we want to make sure whatever activities they want to do are class centered so it involves every student in the sophomore class,” Love said.

“Being a class officer has really made me think differently. I constantly look for new ways to help the school improve and how to make my peers enjoy high school a little bit more. I think that’s the most important prerogative of someone in a leadership position,” said Philleo.