CRU to host its last meeting of the year on May 13

Lilly St. Angelo reads a book in her English class. St. Angelo had a CRU meeting that morning, and she said she had a good time. ANUJ PATEL / PHOTO

CRU has been meeting on almost every Tuesday of this year. The club has hosted many activities, including their annual dodgeball tournament and Carmel Idol, which have been very popular among the students of CHS. On May 13, the club will be hosting its last meeting of the year at 7 a.m. in the freshman cafeteria.

The meeting will go just as planned. There will be an activity to help students become more involved during the meetings. Then, after some announcements, there will be a session of teaching and sharing.

Throughout the year, according to CRU sponsor, Kim TenBrink, club meetings have been very popular, even though students have to come to school earlier than they usually do.

“I think that students have enjoyed the meetings this year,” TenBrink said. “It’s true that students have to wake up early, but I don’t think they regret it because the club always seems to have a very large attendance.”

CRU member and freshman

Lilly St. Angelo, likes going to the meetings and confirms that, in her opinion, meetings are very fun.

St. Angelo said, “I really like CRU. Actually, I look forward to it every week, even though meetings are at 7 (a.m.).”