Junior varsity men’s basketball prepares for season after tryouts

Wesley Middleton, basketball player and sophomore, stretches right before practice. The team’s first game is Wednesday at Brownsburg.

The JV men’s basketball team finished tryouts this past week and the team has already started practicing for the upcoming season. “I expect a lot of hard working guys coming together to improve each day and to help the program be successful,” Coach Derek Moser said via email.

Wesley Middleton, basketball player and sophomore, said he wants to improve this year after playing on the freshman team last year. “I hope to get better as a player, come in and work hard in practice everyday and do what I can do to help my team,” Middleton said.

Moser has goals for the team to improve this year as well. “The main goals are to get better each day, play together and with extreme toughness each day,” Moser said.

Middleton agrees with what Moser had to say. “The team’s goals are to come out and be prepared. We need to work hard every single day in practice,” Middleton said.

“The coaches expect us to give 110 percent effort every single day,” Middleton said. The team’s season starts on Wednesday at Brownsburg.