Science Olympiad preparing for invitational on Jan. 17

According to Science Olympiad sponsor Cynthia Henry, students are will have a chance to prepare preparing for the Northridge Invitational on Jan. 17.

Celina Tragesser, logistics manager and senior, said this semester is focused on the getting the Science Olympiad team to the state competition in March, but first the team has to make it through the invitational on Jan. 17 and placing top five at the regional competition on Feb. 21. She said there will be an assortment of Saturday meetings this semester to prepare for the competitions.

“To do this, we will be encouraging our studiers to rigorously study the material for their subject area, and working closely with our build teams to fine-tune and improve what we have,” Tragesser said.

Tragesser said that the people on the Top 20 list will be expected to be experts in their subject area in hope that it will increase the team’s focus before the competition. She said students should know that they are expected to hold their weight for the team.

Science Olympiad has a Twitter account that will be updating the results for the competitions, so if anyone is not at the competition, but would like to know how the team is doing, they just have to follow @sciolychs said Tragesser.

Tragesser said, “We hope to reach our full potential this semester, and are implementing a few new strategies and techniques to do so.”