GKOM to meet with freshmen on Thursday

According to Mike Meyer, GKOM sponsor, the GKOMs will be meeting with their assigned freshmen on Thursday. As always, the GKOM will focus on making connections and will talk about starting second semester. They will emphasize maintaining grades and focus on the upcoming dances and social activities.

“The main goal of GKOM is to give incoming students a feel for the school like encourage them to be whatever they can its basically just like a good head start for the next four years of their life,” Rhea Gajaria, senior, says.

“Every meeting is important because anytime we have the opportunity to create a true connection between the freshman and the GKOMS, we’re trying to influence and make the culture better at CHS because we as a school have excelled and part of the reason we have excelled over the years is because of programs like this,” Meyers says.

“I like talking with most students, they’re all pretty interesting and I like my group and it’s interesting to see how far I’ve gone and I’m sure it’s worth it,” Gajaria says.

“Even if they’re not active in GKOM, CHS is a wonderful place and they need to be active because this is some of the best years of their life and they need to make sure that they don’t just go to school and go back home, they need to stay active and participate in all the wonderful programs we have here,” Meyers says